Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Little Brown Buddha

The little brown buddha has arrived. 
Sonny the red kelpie has been re-adopted by his selfish owner and introduced back into suburban backyard life after 4 years living on the farm with dick n dora.  With the patience of a deity he traversed 3 states in the back seats of cars, on the floor of dingy cabins, and by the back doors of strange houses to finally arrive here in his new home (if it was me, I would almost certainly have thrown a tantrum by now, or at least gnawed someone's leg off - I am permanently in awe of his nirvana-like emotional state). 
After snuggling up to some new human friends on a couch last night, leisurely sniffing the bum of the other backyard resident and weeing on every tree across a 3 kilometre radius, he appears to have settled in here quite comfortably in a mere 24 hours. 
Thanks to mum and dad for their whole-hearted commitment to the Sonny fostering program (there was a brief possibility as we said our goodbyes that I might have needed to prise Sonny out of their grasp). I owe the folks big time for helping me "keep" sonny while I lived irresponsibly in non-dog friendly spaces all these years. 
And welcome back little sonjeev. Brown fur, wagging tail and caramel eyebrows really do great things for the soul.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment